- Klarna FAQs
Who are Klarna?
Klarna was founded in 2005 in Stockholm, Sweden with the aim of making it easier for people to shop online. Over 90 million customers have trusted Klarna to pay for goods online and over 200,000 merchants in 17 countries use Klarna as an optional payment method.
At the core of Klarna’s services is the concept of payment after delivery, which lets you receive items before you pay. This simplicity means a better shopping experience for you as you don't need to put your card details in at the checkout, and you don't need to pay for your goods until after you've decided you're happy with them.
How does it work?
When using Klarna, you can choose to either pay 30 days after your order is placed, or split the total amount of your order into three equal instalments.
Once you have selected to pay with Klarna, and your order has been processed by us, you will receive an email from Klarna with details and instructions on how to pay for your items. We will send out your order as usual. If, when you recieve it, and you decide you're not happy with your order you can simply return it to us and the money will never leave your account.
How do I pay with Klarna?
To use Klarna to pay for your order, all you need to do is select it as your payment method at checkout. There are two separate Klarna options for either paying later or in three instalments. If you've chosen to pay later and once your order’s been sent, you’ll have 30 days to pay Klarna, and you’ll get a reminder before payment is due.
If you are splitting the cost into three payments, the first instalment will be taken from your card when you place your order. The next two remaining payments will be automatically charged 30 and 60 days later.
Don’t worry: you’ll get notifications when your payment is due and when it’s collected. For both payment options, there’s zero interest, fees or late-payment charges.
What are my payment options?
Pay in 3 Instalments
If you choose to pay in three installments, the first will be taken from your card when you place your order, and the remaining two will be charged 30 and 60 days later.
Pay in 30 Days
When your order is confirmed you will receive an email with payment instructions within 2 days from Klarna. You will then have 30 days to complete the payment online at your convenience with no extra cost. You can then pay via credit or debit card.
Am I eligible?
All you need to start paying with Klarna is:
- A UK bank account
- To be 18 years of age or older
- A UK residential address
Having trouble paying with Klarna?
If you have any trouble placing an order with Klarna, it could be due to one of the following reasons:
- Klarna may have rejected your application to pay on account. We'd recommend choosing another type of payment or placing an order for a smaller amount.
- Klarna may not have been able to check your details using the billing address that you've provided. You'll need to make sure that your billing address is the same address that your bank/credit cards are registered to.
- You may have outstanding payments on previous Klarna statements. Once these are paid off, try Pay Later with Klarna again. If you've recently paid off outstanding statements, please allow 24 hours before trying to pay through Klarna again.
- You may have missed a required field at the checkout, such as filling in your Date of Birth.
- If you haven't used Klarna before and you're shipping to a different address to your billing address, the payment may be declined.
Please note - Klarna are an independent payment provider and Lakeland Leather have no influence over whether your payment with Klarna is accepted or not. Ts&Cs apply and you can view them here.
If you have any more questions or are experiencing any trouble using Klarna, you can visit Klarna's Customer Support page.
Klarna's Pay in 3 instalments and Pay in 30 days credit agreements are not regulated by the FCA. Use of these and any missed payments may affect your ability to obtain credit from Klarna and other lenders. 18+, UK residents only. Subject to status. T&Cs apply, for more information visit klarna.com/uk/terms-and-conditions